The Memphis BBQ chicken recipe that is typical of the style that Memphis is famous for is finger licking good. What is really important about Memphis style barbeque chicken is the lack of used sauce.
This BBQ chicken oh my god! While the BBQ sauce may look like it’s mandatory the recipe most if it’s to be considered barbecue, everyone in Memphis would gladly disagree. The main action and the only truth is that it’s all about the rub in Memphis. Rub rub rub rub!
If you love the smokey scent of BBQ you’ll surely gonna love this recipe. This BBQ chicken is extremely moist, extremely delicious and extremely tender. For additional enjoyment you can pair the BBQ chicken with creamy potato salad or roasted potato salad.
This is the recipe
Memphis Style Barbecue Dry-Rubbed Chicken
This dry rub keeps the chicken extremely moist, tender and delicious.
For The Rub On The BBQ Chicken:
- 6 Tbsp sweet paprika
- 3 Tbs dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
For The Sauce:
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- In a small bowl, combine these things (brown sugar, chili powder, sweet paprika, smoked paprika, ground black pepper, dry mustard, onion powder, salt and cayenne) don’t forget to taste. Transfer half of the rub to a shallow dish & reserve.
- First pat the chicken dry with paper towels and coat it over and under the skin with the rub. Transfer it to a plate and place it in the refrigerator, covered, for an hour.
- Set the heat on the grill to a medium-low heat. In a small bowl, whisk together these condiments (vinegar, teaspoon of salt, mustard).
- After the chicken gets put on the grill bone-side down covered in rub, you should turn it occasionally, until it’s cooked through, for around 40 minutes.
- Brush the chicken with the vinegar mixture. Serve with the creamy or roasted potatoes if desired.
- If you really don’t have the time you can check out this video:
Keep watching on Flix Expo for more cooking stuffs.