We live in a time when rushing through the day in order to reach a certain place or attend a meeting is an ordinary thing. This can leave people no time to even wash their hair, bringing up the necessity for a dry shampoo.
It has slowly become the next big cosmetic invention, saving many women and men from having a bad hair day. No matter the occasion, they can be sure that their hair looks presentable and won’t embarrass them before the others.
If you’re interested in finding more about it here we’ll answer the question ‘What is dry shampoo’ and cover everything you should know about it.
What is Dry Shampoo?
As the name suggests, a dry shampoo is a powder or a spray that dries quickly and serves for washing your hair without water. It makes your hair appear as if it was recently washed by taking in all the oil from your hair and scalp.
It isn’t made with the intention of replacing your regular hair washes, but rather as a way to increase the gap between the washes and look good when you don’t have the time to clean your hair. The shampoo consists of multiple ingredients like solvents, agents for absorbing, propellants, conditioners as well as fragrance. Here are my top free shampoo samples.
People can encounter three types of these shampoos:
- Spray of aerosol
- Pump dispenser liquid
What matters is to pick one that’s suitable for your hair color.
How to use it
Even though it may sound like an easy thing, there’re plenty of things you should watch out for when using a dry shampoo. Here’s the procedure of how to apply it so that it’s efficient.
- First, shake the shampoo and hold it about ten inches above your head. Apply it on the roots of your hair beginning with the parting. Then, make sure you cover the rest of the head as well;
- Lower your head down and massage the hair’s root with your fingers. You can use the hair dryer on the minimum level if you feel it’s still wet.
- With your fingers or a hair brush, spread the substance all over the scalp.
Lets get free beauty samples that you can request.
Reasons and occasions to use it
Dry shampoo is mainly utilized when people have a shortage of time or there isn’t any water on the place where they are. In case you’re late for work and you ran out of your house without a shower or you’re with your friends camping, this shampoo will solve your hair issues at once.
Aside from this, experts in beauty and health suggest that people wash their hair less frequently. So, the dry shampoo can help you extend the periods between your washes, preserving the look of your hair and keeping the scalp clean. Only note that after the long day and all the dirt in your hair, the effect of this shampoo isn’t the same as the ones working with water.
Some of the other reasons it’s very popular among customers is because it gives your hair a nice smell, adds texture and volume, and keeps your original hair color intact.
Read more about 10 free makeup samples that you can get your mail.
Some Useful Tips
Before getting this shampoo, here are a few tips to consider and save yourself and your hair from unwanted consequences:
- Keep the shampoo at a fair distance from your hair to avoid uneven spreading
- Make sure your hair is dry before you apply it
- Don’t apply too much of the substance as it can cause flatness of your hair
- After spraying it on your hair, give it some time to absorb everything. Don’t rub it immediately!
- Know when it’s enough and don’t become too dependent on it. After the first few times go wash your hair with water.