As more and more people are actively present on social media, it has become imperative for businesses, individuals, and organizations to use the momentum and get on board. Many of your potential customers are already getting in touch with other companies and maybe even with your competitors. So, in the following paragraphs, we’ll lay out all the basics including professional tips and tricks for getting started and your growth. Read carefully and make sure you take some notes along the way!
Defining Social Media Marketing (SMM)Numerous definitions regarding SMM exist online. However, they all boil down to a few key elements. It’s a type of internet marketing that involves being active and posting content on social media platforms to fulfill your marketing as well as brand goals. These goals are close to infinite and vary from one entity to the next. They can be something from promoting a new product and service to acquiring new leads, making brand ambassadors, spreading the word, and more. And it’s been proven that social media can help you towards becoming successful in these goals. Posting textual and visual content like images and videos, sharing existing ones, and even paid ads on a social media channel are all just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to all the activities that encompass social media marketing.
The Best Social Media Platforms Right NowIt seems like a new social media platform is popping up daily. That’s why compiled a shortlist of a few platforms that dominate the game and are worth committing to:
- Facebook – It’s not a coincidence that it still holds the title of the social media king. The number of users is insane there! You need to create a business page if you’re having a business. Keep in mind that being visual and compelling is a must on this platform. Also, you can maintain the language at a semi-formal or informal level.
- Instagram – This platform is maybe the most popular one right now. Especially when it comes to youngsters. It’s a visual-only platform, so you’re only allowed to post images and videos. Hashtags and stories are useful tools for attracting a wider audience.
- Twitter – It’s all about conversations and communication here. And in just a few characters. Try to be news-worthy, offer discounts, and come up with tweets that will promote your brand. It’s important to stand out as you’ll find plenty of users who will potentially be interested in what you do.
- YouTube–If you ask for a synonym for the word ‘video’, it’s, of course, YouTube. Businesses, as well as individuals, use this platform for uploading videos related to their work. As becoming a viral hit may not be the easiest option, try your hand at informative videos and how-tos.
- Notable Mentions – Here we’ll list LinkedIn, SoundCloud, Pinterest, Tumblr, Reddit, Yelp, TikTok, and more. All of these are more industry-specific but are worthy of trying your luck there. For instance, LinkedIn is for professionals, SoundCloud is for musicians, Yelp is a location-based platform.